- The Porsche Panamera takes the trophy for 2017.
- It beat out 14 other finalists, including the Chevy Bolt and Lexus LC 500.
- There are few cars in Porsche’s history that have been more polarizing than the Panamera. Its raised-fastback rear-end design and offbeat proportions have long been points of controversy.
- The luxury sedan might be the best-performing four-door on the market.
The Porsche Panamera is Business Insider’s 2017 Car of the Year.
This year the competition kicked up from 2016.
We sampled and reviewed more vehicles than ever, thanks to transportation reporter Danielle Muoio and deputy editor Cadie Thompson joining our ranks. News editor Bryan Logan lent a hand on the West Coast, too.
The Panamera had to beat 14 other finalists, ranging from perhaps the finest supercar on the market to a glorious machine that would appeal to James Bond. There were also extraordinary sedans, marvelous SUVs, a legendary roadster, and an all-electric masterpiece.
Our methodology is based on a handful of simple questions.
- Is there a strong business case for the vehicle? We are a business website, after all.
- Did our reviewers agree that the vehicle should be included? We have to come to a consensus, even though we might disagree on some particulars.
- Was the vehicle objectively excellent? There has to be a wow factor of some sort.
- Did the vehicle stand out from the sea of competition, particularly when it comes to technology? A Car of the Year finalist has to be special, and we’re also a technology website.
- Can we strongly recommend buying or leasing the car? We demand to know whether we’d buy Read More Here