Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Major cryptocurrencies are gaining Tuesday morning. Prices are still down over the last 24 hours, but not by the staggering numbers that showed up yesterday.
Here are the current standings:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $14,786.54 (-1.64%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $1,199.35 (+5.80%)
- Ripple (XRP): $2.264 (-5.22%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $2,421.12 (+1.20%)
- CoinMarketCap, one of the most heavily trafficked crypto price site, shifted some of its data sources on Tuesday — and at least one cryptocurrency company was angry it didn’t get a warning.
- Long Blockchain, which until December was known as the Long Island Iced Tea Corporation, has walked back its announcement that it was going to raise capital to purchase 1,000 bitcoin mining rigs.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon regrets calling bitcoin a “fraud,” but added that he still was not interested in the cryptocurrency at all, he said in an interview on Fox Business on Tuesday.
- Bitcoin’s main technology opens up opportunities to profit from these 14 stocks, HSBC says.
- Ethereum, which was relatively insulated from yesterday’s pricing snafu, is nearing fresh highs.
- “Get ready for an explosion” in bitcoin as Wall Streeters spend their bonus checks.