The biggest pitfall that can impede a business leader’s success is to fall into the rut of routine operations management. A bit of savviness is all you need to keep improving yourself and strengthen your brand as a business leader. Here are six smart strategies.
1. Ramp up your communication tactics.
You’re already communicating with stakeholders every day. None are as important, though, as your employees. Communication is the biggest differentiator between good and great leaders. You can never stop improving your communication. Here are some suggestions to improve your skills:
- Employees can smell baseless talk from a mile away. Keep things real.
- Use credible sources in your motivational talks.
- When giving goals to your people, make them SMART (Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Realistic, Time-bound).
- Continually innovate with communication channels. Use email, telephone, video calling, and instant messaging, depending on what best serves your communication needs.
Remember, communication is a two-way process. Invest in communication-enhancement training for your employees.
2. Focus on what you do best and delegate the rest.
Your time comes at a premium. Though delegation is not exactly a secret of operations management, as a leader, it’s important to delegate. Here’s how the pros do it:
- Hire virtual assistants to handle your menial and tedious tasks.
- Use cloud-based apps to organize and manage your work on the move.
- Use the Ivy Lee productivity hack; it marries the best elements of prioritization and focused work.
- Trust project management tools and communication-management apps to usher in process-level efficiencies.
3. Keep upgrading yourself.
No one wants to work for a leader whose knowledge is so dated that it ceases to deliver any practical advantage to the team or business. It could be a revelation for a manager to realize that their trusted methods and formulas no longer work.
Here are some tips to stay up to date while assessing your effectiveness as a Read More Here